23.10.16

THE KNIT SWEATER

Fall is here at last. Time to break out the layers, outerwear, boots, and scarves. And of course, a multitude of knit sweaters. Sweaters in any style, color, and shape can be used as a layering device, outerwear, or top. In this post, I chose to style a V-neck knit sweater in a neutral tan color. 


Read on to see how I styled my tan knit sweater- three different ways!
LOOK #1 | WEEKEND BRUNCH For my first look, I wore my sweater as a top paired with distressed jeans and ankle boots. I accessorized the look with a minimal belt and neutral gray choker. This outfit is a simple, casual look that can be worn to work, school, or brunch. The sweater and jeans provide just enough warmth for the cool weather. Another option to accessorize this outfit is to add a bralette underneath to peak out from the V-neck.

SHOP THIS LOOK


LOOK #2 | DATE NIGHT  This second look is perfect for a romantic dinner date, a fashion show, or a night out for drinks. I layered my V-neck sweater over a high-collared creme dress and matching sandals. As an accessory as well as an extra layer, I threw on a waterfall duster trench. I opted to use the textures of my layers as my outfit details instead of adding on accessories to avoid weighing down the look. 

SHOP THIS LOOK

LOOK #3 | A CASUAL DAY OUT  This next look is great for a day out in the park, shopping in the mall, or even going to school. It' s a simple throw-on-a-sweater over anything and go type of look, but tied together with a tie choker, belt, and ankle boots. I opened up the V-neck sweater to make it an off-shoulder, revealing the straps of the dress underneath to keep the outfit from looking less frumpy. I also tucked the sweater into a belt to stop the sweater from overwhelming the size of the dress.


SHOP THIS LOOK


No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger